The fact that both of these reactions came from males
"it’s not about race"
Im just gonna leave this here.
Im pretty sure I walk past a lot more cops than that
Dear cis men regulating reproductive rights
DAKEN & LOGAN : forced to work together, father and son will have to finally face each other and work out their differences… or die trying.
Joe Odagiri as Daken Akihiro
Hugh Jackman as Logan Howlett
Bryan Fuller on why he won’t be casting a white man as Shadow in American Gods (x)
This is the first time I get to read the full quote.
On one hand, YES, because Shadow is clearly non-white and he’s heavily implied to be mixed-race. Casting a white actor as Shadow would be a shame. On the other hand, NOPE, because why the fuck is it that even completely well-intentioned and progressive people can’t get fucking understand that ‘gipsy’ is an exonym and in almost all contexts a slur? Use the term Romani. If you want to be specific, use terms like Kale, Sinte, Romanichal, Manush, etc.(via lurknomoar)
there is literally nothing at all subversive about casting idris elba as heimdall.
it would be like if they made Alfred black
there’s nothing subversive about putting actors of color in the same roles people of color have always been assigned to - butlers, maids, doormen, taxi drivers, drug dealers, etc
your gay friends are all talking shit behind your back 100%
Yeah, you support them all the way.. We’ll most of the way.. We’ll some of the way.. Clearly not as far as marriage.. Cause marriage ain’t for gays.. Or something
You hear so many of these people say, “I have a lot of gay friends but don’t believe in same sex marriage”, but you never hear gay people say “I’ve lots of friends who think it should be illegal for me to marry the person I love”.
So, here’s a PSA for everyone who is against marriage equality, but thinks they have gay friends. You probably don’t. What you have are gay acquaintances who have learned to quietly put up with your bullshit because it’s the path of least resistance and they just don’t have the energy to “My Fair Lady” your ass into being a decent human being.
the worlds shortest alchemist
brothers destined greatness and tragedy
metal suit soldier brother
metal hand magic clapping
thats not my mom
anD THATS THE ONE THAT REMINDED ME OF WHAT IT WAS
Salute to the truth!
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BLACK TULSA? IF NOT… WHY NOT?
This horrific incident has been well documented, everywhere: from YouTube videos of survivor interviews to PBS Lesson Plans for school teachers. Please do your Google diligence:
- From May 30 to June 1, 1921, white citizens of Tulsa bombed burned and shot up the “Little Africa” section of Tulsa FOR 18 HOURS STRAIGHT
- Why would they do that? That same old lame excuse, a Black man supposedly did something to a white woman. But the real reason was ECONOMIC JEALOUSY. Whites may have called it Little Africa derisively, but there is a reason that Black Tulsa is known as Black Wall Street
- In addition to the 300 Blacks killed, and over 1,000 residential homes burned to the ground, also destroyed were:
- The Mt. Zion Baptist Church and five other churches; the Gurley Hotel, Red Wing Hotel, and Midway Hotel; the Tulsa Star and Oklahoma Sun newspaper offices; Dunbar Elementary School; Osborne Monroe’s Roller-Skating Rink; the East End Feed Store; the Y.M.C.A. Cleaners; the Dreamland Theater; a drug store, barbershop, banquet hall, several grocery stores, dentists, lawyers, doctors, and realtors offices; a U.S. Post Office Substation, as well the all-black Frissell Memorial Hospital. All told, marauding gangs of savage whites destroyed 40-square-blocks of Black economic and entrepreneurial prosperity!
64 years after the first bombing of an American city was committed against the Black residents of Tulsa… the second bombing of an American city took place in Philadelphia when the city bombed the black members of the MOVE organization. (see the blackourstory archive for details).
Isn’t it a shame that 76 after the bombing of Tulsa, when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Federal Office Building in Oklahoma City, most historically illiterate Americans - including American “journalists” - responded as if it were the first time such a horror had been visited on Oklahoma. If only we knew.
While there are many lessons to be drawn from this, a few questions that stick out to me are these:
- If the answer to Black second-class treatment from whites in America is supposedly to become the ultimate American capitalists…the ‘model minorities’… how do you explain Tulsa 1921?
- For those Black folk who think that the sole answer to Black people’s problems is simply more Blacks becoming business owners and more Blacks spending money with other Blacks… how did that work out for our people in Tulsa in ‘21?
- Considering not only Tulsa, but Rosewood, Florida, and many other thriving all-Black towns that you may know of that all met the same fate at the hands of murderous, envious, lazy crackers… WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND TAKE SERIOUSLY THE IDEA THAT BLACK WEALTH (ESPECIALLY ALL-BLACK WEALTH) WILL NEED TO BE PROTECTED WITH PHYSICAL FORCE?
There is a reason that Marcus Garvey AND Elijah Muhammad had armies of trained Black men as a huge part of their organizations. Many of us Black folk took those great men as jokes, yet NO BLACK LEADERS SINCE THOSE TWO have reached the same heights of economic and ideological success and unity of Black people.
Not only do we need to LEARN THIS HISTORY, we need to start taking these events men and movements MORE SERIOUSLY, and doing some CRITICAL HISTORICAL ANALYSIS if we are ever to stop being on the bottom rung of every metric in American life. Not just some casual or accidental reading of history; some CRITICAL. HISTORICAL. ANALYSIS.
TULSA 1921 was real. PHILLY 1985 was real. Will it happen again?
"Man is defined as a human being and a woman as a female - whenever she behaves as a human being she is said to imitate the male."
- Simone de Beauvoir, French feminist writer, existentialist philosopher and political activist
A black boy gets murdered and his community stands up for him and are attacked by police for over 2 months and are deemed animals and violent rioters
white people set cars on fire over some damn pumpkins and get called “rowdy” aint that some shit
One of the reasons why Emma Watson is one of the best female role-models of our time. She’s so underrated.